Month's top: Carnack with 100$
Want LAH to translate a manga for you?
Little Angels Hentai Forum Index
It's for you!
not-very-newbie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Compose reply Little Angels Hentai Forum Index » Introductions View previous thread
View next thread
DMCA
not-very-newbie
Electricus
Angel of the Face
Warnings:

Post Quote
Also wanted to add that not wanting to see scat isn't just an American thing.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:19 pm Profile PM
jacxxx
Beginner Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
@ Electricus
  • It's not my thing either except in very rare cases. On sponsored media - a typical American phenomenon - you don't have to be afraid of seeing anything unusual. Growing up like that, you might not be prepared - and don't want to see unusual scenes ...
@ ult_combo
  • I first met you as a whizkid, therefore I can't help that my first thought now is about an improvement proposal all of us will agree easily: when you press the little button Previous in the upper left corner of a new page, you are sent to the first post of the previous page. Most of the time you would like to see the last post of that previous page, however.
  • I agree with your bottom line that Sat has the same freedom of thought and speech as we do. He may call me a TM as well as I may do that. And yes, to some people I am a TM. Even the technical improvement proposal above will be seen by some people as a typical example of making trouble.
  • Your reference thread http://littleangelshentai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11182 is a very appropriate one. I saw this thread once looking only for the meaning of guro (see http://littleangelshentai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=266973#266973 and following post for the trivial reason why I didn't read the content of your reference serious enough - frzangel couldn't change the opinion of the LAH communion yet to accept a more appropriate definition of guro; sometimes he too is a TM). Now I read it more carefully and noticed that I'm just a beginning Junior TM compared to the Seniors in that thread! So I'm not alone Very Happy Although, what happened to these Seniors Sweatdrop

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 am Profile PM
Sat
Star Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
I would like to add that I am pretty far away from America Laughing

As for your suggestions, Jacxxx, I would say it is more about how you say it than what.

Some people say, the universe is a Star Ocean!

Want to donate to keep the site up? PM me for possible donation ways!
We now also accept Bitcoin.

Got a suggestion on how we can improve LAH? Post it here or vote for other people's suggestions!
Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm Profile PM WWW Skype
jacxxx
Beginner Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
Sat:
I would like to add that I am pretty far away from America Laughing
Are you sure Surprised
Sat:
As for your suggestions, I would say it is more about how you say it than what.
Question

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm Profile PM
frzangel
Tiny Angel
Warnings: Warning

Post Quote
Just some thoughts because my name was mentioned:
- Perhaps the phrase TM is a bit rough. TBH not a bit. TMs are not constructive or reasonable according to my read. But I think jacxxx is the complete opposite of it. Moreover he takes the effort to THINK and to COMPOSE critics on things he founds important. Maybe our viewpoint on his selection of importance is different. Maybe he tends to immerse things we consider to be unnecessary. BUT his aim is clear. He wants to contribute with content and really valuable thoughts in order to make this place better according to his taste. But we all do that. At least those who contribute.
- Concerning the proper usage of the term GURO is just a technical issue. It doesn't really change anything. I consider every topic to be GURO which is not /d/ and on gurochan. Huge insertions, amputees, heavy bondage, through-and-through etc. These are allowed on LAH so in this aspect GURO is allowed as well. On the contrary GORE, where the act finished with death OR the situation involves blood, is not allowed. (: So this is just playing with words. But it does matter because if I say I like GURO that doesn't necessarily mean that I also like GORE.
- In short I don't want to change the rules: "Blood is bad, mmmmkay?!"

DON'T ASK FOR PASS IN PM! READ THE RULES AND FAQ!
Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 pm Profile PM
ult_combo
Matrix Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
jacxxx:
@ ult_combo
  • I first met you as a whizkid, therefore I can't help that my first thought now is about an improvement proposal all of us will agree easily: when you press the little button Previous in the upper left corner of a new page, you are sent to the first post of the previous page. Most of the time you would like to see the last post of that previous page, however.
I had a talk with Sat and both of us agree that a browser's default when loading a page is displaying the page at top and not the bottom of the it. Not necessarily saying that your opinion is bad, just unnecessary. Each user has a different view of how certain aspects of the site should behave, say you and 50 people would prefer the page to be loaded and displayed at the bottom, but me and Sat and another 100 people prefer to read the page from the first post of the previous page (the situation may also change depending on what page and which thread you are).

So, by changing the default behavior, there would be technically no gain, even you would have to get used to the new change since you're currently used as it is now, let alone the people who'd complain that they prefer the "old way". Hence, talking about software engineering, when we can't find a solution that is the best for each and every user due to these conflicts, we find a solution which is agreeable and acceptable for both conflicting parts. Obviously, when it comes to something as small as scrolling the page, we assume that the users can user their mouse wheels or just drag the scroll bar to read the post they want. Razz

Don't worry though, I've took a look at your other ideas and some of them may be implemented soon after Sat reviews the projects. I'm sure you'll find some changes which you may have made a related suggestion about.

There is no knowledge that is not power.
Our only limitations are those we set up in our own minds.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Measuring software productivity by lines of code is like measuring progress on an airplane by how much it weighs.
Programming is an art form, whose real value can only be appreciated by another versed in the same arcane art.
Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 pm Profile PM MSN Skype
Sat
Star Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
Also note that you can set your display style to "newest first" on the bottom of each thread.

Some people say, the universe is a Star Ocean!

Want to donate to keep the site up? PM me for possible donation ways!
We now also accept Bitcoin.

Got a suggestion on how we can improve LAH? Post it here or vote for other people's suggestions!
Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:12 pm Profile PM WWW Skype
jacxxx
Beginner Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
I've chosen the "newest first" option which I never discovered before. I note that ult_combo is perfectly right, the layout looks completely upside-down, you have to get used to that. Especially to the new page numbering. And the special effect that it changes again to its default after submitting your post ...

You get quite a different view on LAH Surprised Very Happy

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 pm Profile PM
Compose reply Little Angels Hentai Forum Index » Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: