Month's top: Carnack with 100$
Want LAH to translate a manga for you?
Little Angels Hentai Forum Index
It's for you!
PLEASE LOG IN OR REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES AND ATTACHED FILES!
Another picture including some previous steps

Compose reply Little Angels Hentai Forum Index » LAH Artists View previous thread
View next thread
DMCA
Another picture including some previous steps
kouhei
LAH Artist
Warnings:

Post Another picture including some previous steps Quote
One of the things I really don't like about this piece is that it looks like she has a plank up her backside Feather Kawaii 2;; Ah well...some of them turn out better than you expect some you question why post em Feather Kawaii 2 lol anyway, ASIDE from how rigid she looks, any other comments? (Yes I also know I hide either feet or hands alot Feather Kawaii 2;; But they are my evil nemesis Feather Kawaii 2)

For those that are curious, pencil, black ink clean lines, then a whole lot of photoshop Feather Kawaii 2

I am especially interested in suggestion on how to improve the background in my pictures....they always seem so....blah to me...

Anyway Feather Kawaii 2 I hope you like.

ja ne

"Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives." (C.S. Lewis)
Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:44 am Profile PM
feather
DaVinci Angel
Warnings: Warning

Post Quote
The hands look great to me, kouhei. And the background isn't bad, thought it can certainly be improved. You're manipulating the stuff well enough.

I think one reason this background looks blah is the composition. The perspective is straight on, which isn't very dynamic. Unfortunately, while I have the skills, I don't remember the textbook junk from my Drawing 1 course. Here's a Wiki article that might help ---

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_%28visual_arts%29

It's all mostly relevant, even when it only talks about photography. The idea is to set things within the image so that the eyes keep moving.

Outlines might help, too. And higher contrast between light and dark (shadows and highlights). And it looks very symetrical --- in this case, you could vary the heights of the books, have a few leaning, on their sides, whatever. You could set the figure off center.

It might help to do 20-30 thumbnail sketches before you start, to brainstorm the composition. They only take about a minute each, more or less, and then you pick the best one.

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:02 pm Profile PM
kouhei
LAH Artist
Warnings:

Post Quote
I do have a couple of books on perspective, I suppose I should be reading/practicing the skills in them Wink

Thumbnails sketches are not a bad idea, so I will try that as well. I kind of wish I had not drawn her straight on Feather Kawaii 2;; it would have given me more flexabilty as far as a background.

As it is all in photoshop layers at this point, maybe I should try moving some things around and try to variate the books as you suggested.

After all that though, I think I am going to take a crack at something similar to what you see in Hizashi No Naka No Real (I love that game Feather Kawaii 2) as far as composition and theme. I love the theme Feather Kawaii 2

ja ne
l8r Kay?

"Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives." (C.S. Lewis)
Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:03 pm Profile PM
feather
DaVinci Angel

Post Quote
Photoshop gives you that flexibility. (Or any similar program.) I'll be happy to see it.

BTW, how long does it take you to do a background like that?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:49 am Profile PM
kouhei
LAH Artist
Warnings:

Post Quote
feather:
Photoshop gives you that flexibility. (Or any similar program.)

I love Photoshop, Manga Studio and CG Illust for those reasons; they are extremely flexible and allow you to work in layers. When things are in layers, you can do a lot more adjustment Feather Kawaii 2 CG illust is also fantastic for seeing the techniques other artists use. (My next computer purchase will be a tablet PC so I can draw right on the screen Feather Kawaii 2) The best part of Photoshop type programs is how easily they let you fix mistakes.

feather:
I'll be happy to see it.

I really appreciate your saying so, it's not like I can run around showing some of my work (As I am sure you know, people just would not understand) and the rest I lack the confidence to display.

feather:
BTW, how long does it take you to do a background like that?

Probably about an hour tops I would say, but that's just the backgrounds. My average drawing takes about a day before I am even close to being satisfied with it, and even then probably half of my work easily winds up in a trash can. (Although I do have far too many old sketchbooks lying around that I cant quite bring myself to burn but I think I should anyway lol. (No one must ever see....nooooooo)

Then again, when it comes to my work anyway, I don't even consider it started until it's in photoshop. (I probably have some sort of OCD when it comes to lines but I can spend hours smoothing the edge of lines and cleaning smudges etc. After that I just select all the white and delete it creating a transparent background. Coloring is the easy part because there are a lot of ways you can cheat Feather Kawaii 2 I put the lines to the top and work everything into layers. You don't have to stay in the lines much and at worst you can clean it up with the eraser tool Feather Kawaii 2

But damn it....I really need my drawings to be less static -_-;; And no matter what I try they just don't look right.

Oops...lol I just realized I am carrying on again...

ja ne
l8r Kay?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:53 am Profile PM
feather
DaVinci Angel

Post Quote
kouhei:
probably have some sort of OCD when it comes to lines but I can spend hours smoothing the edge of lines and cleaning smudges etc.

Ye gods! When I use photoshop a pic, I spend a few hours on it, total! And that's when I really go to town on it.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:42 am Profile PM
kouhei
LAH Artist
Warnings:

Post Quote
feather:
kouhei:
probably have some sort of OCD when it comes to lines but I can spend hours smoothing the edge of lines and cleaning smudges etc.

Ye gods! When I use photoshop a pic, I spend a few hours on it, total! And that's when I really go to town on it.

And I am quite sure you spend a fair number of hours yourself on your mascot sheets Wink

ja ne
l8r Kay?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:53 am Profile PM
feather
DaVinci Angel

Post Quote
Overall, yes, but there's like fifteen sheets of work there.

Your penwork is pretty good; it just seems to me that you might not need to focus on your lines as much as you say you do.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:23 am Profile PM
kouhei
LAH Artist
Warnings:

Post Quote
Well here is a set where i didn't focus as much on the lines being clean, and just on the procedure. This picture isn't finished yet, I was kind of envisioning a seashore and her legs in the sand...well it's a ways off from that yet, but I like the feedback, so I might as well post part way way through Feather Kawaii 2

I might turn it into a removable swimsuit concept later.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated Feather Kawaii 2

ja ne
l8r Kay?

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:50 am Profile PM
SuzyQute
Newborn Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
I like the pose in that one, but the lines on the swimsuit don't quite follow the curving shape of the body. It needs to feel more 3D somehow.

It's much better than I could ever do of course.

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 pm Profile PM
feather
DaVinci Angel

Post Quote
SuzyQ is right; you could use more levels of shading. Even just one more would do it : highlight, base & shade. You've got a good eye for shade, incidentally. This one is more dynamicalistic then the previous one. Looking better!

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:05 am Profile PM
kouhei
LAH Artist
Warnings:

Post Quote
[quote="SuzyQute]I like the pose in that one, but the lines on the swimsuit don't quite follow the curving shape of the body. It needs to feel more 3D somehow.[/quote]

I had the same feeling Feather Kawaii 2;;;

[quote="SuzyQute]It's much better than I could ever do of course.[/quote]

I actually almost wish people would stop saying that Feather Kawaii 2;; anyone can do this stuff if they practice a lot. Your feedback definitely helps though, every little bit helps me understand what ii have to work on improving next Feather Kawaii 2

feather:
SuzyQ is right; you could use more levels of shading. Even just one more would do it : highlight, base & shade. You've got a good eye for shade, incidentally. This one is more dynamicalistic then the previous one. Looking better!

I agree, I had felt that highlighting is needed. I am glad you like the shading, it's one of the few things I can do reasonably well, but I think the shade still needs some work. Yes I am trying to get more of a dynamic feel. I am working on another at the moment that I will post tomorrow or the next day.

Thank you both for your time and feedback Feather Kawaii 2

ja ne
l8r Kay?

Edit: This picture actually later became part of the foundation of my Valentine's card to you all Feather Kawaii 2

Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:47 pm Profile PM
Compose reply Little Angels Hentai Forum Index » LAH Artists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: