Month's top: SnoopyFx with 40$
Want LAH to translate a manga for you?
Little Angels Hentai Forum Index
It's for you!
PLEASE LOG IN OR REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES AND ATTACHED FILES!
Frag's stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Compose reply Little Angels Hentai Forum Index » LAH Artists View previous thread
View next thread
DMCA
Frag's stuff
Fragnostic
LAH Artist
Warnings: Warning

Post Frag's stuff Quote
TO NEWCOMERS: PLEASE START HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For info on this post:
With lots of free time i launched photoshop and started to colorise some frames from mangas:

1 - quite easy, but there was a crysis Wink because of the colors
2 - same as 1 but no problems with coloring (only the guy was colored like she is)
3 - small problems but Pen Tool rulez!!!
4 - Quite a problem because of the liquid that is dropping from her Razz
I was thinking about separating her sweet (non-white) from the liquid (white)

Posting the pages of the comix for comparison. If you dont believe me i will provide the psd of the works.

Waiting for comments.

EDIT: This is from the Usual Play comix.

Last edited by Fragnostic on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 10 times in total
Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:34 pm Profile PM
Sat
Star Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
Hey, those are pretty good. I know, I tried coloring some manga pages and it isn't as easy as it might seem.

Some people say, the universe is a Star Ocean!

Want to donate to keep the site up? PM me for possible donation ways!
We now also accept Bitcoin.

Got a suggestion on how we can improve LAH? Post it here or vote for other people's suggestions!
Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:18 pm Profile PM WWW Skype
Fragnostic
LAH Artist

Post Quote
If you have time and know how to use the pen tool and quick masks the job is hmm easy.
But it is time-eating... The quality and type of drawing also has a mater...
There are some mangas that you cant see anything except the japanesse "splurts" Wink

EDIT: But im a zero when it comes to shading the mangas Razz

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:02 pm Profile PM
Shinraven
Bronze Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
I must say that is impressive. I can relate to the time consuming part. I've been using Photoshop for some time (still using PS5) and using even half the options available takes a bit of time, and alot of patience, but it's still not as tedious as doing everything a pixel at a time would be. Sad thing is I've never even messed with the pen tool and hate to say it, I dont really bother with masks either. Maybe I should start looking into that... anyway two of the tools I find conveniant to use for shadowing (at least time wise) are the Dodge and Burn tools though it takes alittle getting used to if you're unfamilier with it.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:37 pm Profile PM
Fragnostic
LAH Artist

Post Quote
Nah, i know how to use them, but they arent what i am looking for...

Im using PS9 CS2 so i have the interface more user-friendly Wink

The thing isnt so hard because even if you get out of the part that you want to color, you just erase that part of the mask and you dont have to color 1-pixel parts Very Happy

Sorry but im still learning english so if i dont say something clearly, yell Wink

(A blonde non-h loli is coming next)

Last edited by Fragnostic on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:46 pm Profile PM
Foton
Ferret Angel, nano!
Warnings:

Post Quote
Good job. *applauses*

~Confirmed Nanoha ferret-boy, er, fanboy since 2006~
Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:08 pm Profile PM AIM YIM MSN
akuma2002
Mugi Mugi Angel ^^
Warnings:

Post Quote
Great job, very neat ! Very Happy

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:20 pm Profile PM Skype
Shinraven
Bronze Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
Bah! Curse you and your superior technology! Mad ....

Just kidding. I went ahead and tested out just what it would look like to use those tools on one of the above pics but I agree that there is probably something better for the shading. The hatching/crosshatching of the orginal art dosen't allow for a seamless mesh (IMHO) when used in conjunction with dodge.

Yeah the real sad part about my not using masks is that I was actually told in detail how to use them and promptly forgot about it. Razz and dont worry about the still learning thing I know a few native speakers that dont say things as clearly as you so no worries. (but I'll still yell if ya dont say something clearly!)

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:20 pm Profile PM
Sparkster
LAH Artist
Warnings:

Post Quote
Quick and dirty color and shade job (I do it all the time)

1) Set original art layer to multiply (if it won't let you because it's the background, double click on the layer and rename it, it should default to layer 0)

2) Create a new layer under the first (create a new layer and drag it under)

3) Lay down base colors, no shading, zoom in so you get it right with no bleeding.

4) This one is only applicable if there's any special effects such as speed lines or motion blur, possibly also for flat detail such as freckles, select the original art layer and use the wand tool to select all the black areas, then create a new layer above it to work on, now use the brush tool to recolor any lines you'd rather have a different color. If there is black bleeding on the edges, deselect everything and go back to the original layer again, then color the offending areas white so they disapear, DO NOT use the eraser, as it gives some really weird effects when on a multiply layer.

5) Create a new layer, set the opacity to something like 10% (but go as low as 5 in robust lighting), go back to the color layer and select the areas with the main stage objects, don't select anything else, set the wand to contigruous if you have too.

6) Go back to the new layer and start laying in some shading (with a 100% opacity brush tool and either dark blue or black), you don't have to be particularly precise but keep logical in where you apply the shadows.

7) Go to the filters menu and select gausian blur, tweak it until you're happy.

Cool Create another layer and repeat the process for the darker shadows.

9) Go back to 5 and repeat for each layer of action or background.

10) create a final top layer with which to add highlights, do not ever add them along edges, it makes everything look like extruded cardbord rather than an object with actual volume. If the lighting situation dictates such a thing, create blooms around breakthrough areas instead.

11) This one is up to you, if you feel a pressing need to add any 'neato' effects such as rain or lensflare, feel free but be aware people will make fun of you.

And that's it, takes me about 20-50 minutes to color one of my drawings this way.

edit: hmmmm, I wonder if anyone else has ever made a points list and had a sunglasses emoticon come up for 8.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:58 am Profile PM
Sat
Star Angel
Warnings:

Post Quote
You can just click "disable smilies", but I usually make a list using bbcode myself.

Some people say, the universe is a Star Ocean!

Want to donate to keep the site up? PM me for possible donation ways!
We now also accept Bitcoin.

Got a suggestion on how we can improve LAH? Post it here or vote for other people's suggestions!
Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:33 am Profile PM WWW Skype
Fragnostic
LAH Artist

Post Quote
Oh, thats quite a nice tutorial you have there, Sparkster...

EDIT: I found this: hxxp://www.biorust.com/tutorials/detail/148/us/
And this: hxxp://tutorialseeker.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1487

Ill try making the eyes Very Happy

I had an idea to make a selection with the quick mask, then fill it with a darker color on a next layer and after that add the gaussian blur... but it wasnt so good because the blending for the shadow mixed very badly with the multiply blending on the color base...

Thanks for the new method, ill try it when ill end the present projects Wink

Well to my language, i started learning english when i was in preschool by watching cartoon network on the cable.
Yeah, they say that the TV makes idiots from us, but... well you see that i can speak clearly with you Wink

For the blond loli that I promised, i dont like the outcome but i will post it, maybe in a hour...

EDIT2: Well she's here...

And the original pic is here: http://littleangelshentai.net/forum/download.php?id=4660

EDIT3: Any mangas you would like quick-colored? I dont have a idea what to do :/
Also i can get rid of most of that japaneese shit text whitout QMC Very Happy

EDIT4: Bonus img added... i even undressed her <lol>

Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:11 pm Profile PM
Fragnostic
LAH Artist

Post Quote
New post because of the attachment limit Very Happy
Going further with the same loli Very Happy

In the 9 picture i returned to the hair coloring
sorry that i had to erase the whole guy but he was in the way.
I redrawed the leg that was behind another frame...
You can still see where the pen tool was used...
Such a shame that she was on the page end...

Comms anybody?

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:51 am Profile PM
Foton
Ferret Angel, nano!
Warnings:

Post Quote
Comments?

I can only say, wow...

Of course, the BG can do a little fixing, but the skin tone is magnificent

~Confirmed Nanoha ferret-boy, er, fanboy since 2006~
Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 pm Profile PM AIM YIM MSN
Fragnostic
LAH Artist

Post Quote
Well i use ffcab9 an after duplicating the layer and adding a blur about 3.5 i set the blending to soft light. Thats the secret Razz

Here is some more Razz Im using the mangas you are adding recently because i have no concept for coloring Razz

The second version is resized to show the good shadows.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:39 pm Profile PM
Fragnostic
LAH Artist

Post Quote
Next post because of the limit <lol> is anyone enjoying?

This is a earlier picture after a few of filters and adjustments.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:19 pm Profile PM
Compose reply Little Angels Hentai Forum Index » LAH Artists All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: